Leadership Thurston County is a healthy, sustainable and recognized member of the community, working with others to develop civic leadership.
Mission and Purpose
The purpose of Leadership Thurston County (LTC) is to develop informed, skilled and committed community leadership representative of the area’s diverse citizens. The program is designed to assist each participant in acquiring a broad understanding of the complex issues facing the South Puget Sound region and in building relationships that will facilitate collaborative efforts to resolve today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Leadership Thurston County is designed to:
- Identify and recruit highly motivated emerging and current leaders to participate in the program.
- Inform, challenge and engage participants about the opportunities and needs of the community.
- Develop interpersonal relationships and an esprit de corps among the participants.
- Create a dialogue and rapport among participants and community leaders.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for community involvement.
At the completion of Leadership Thurston County, graduates will demonstrate:
- Trusteeship: Graduates will have an attitude of willingness to serve beyond self-interest with a perspective that includes future generations.
- Leadership: Graduates will have enhanced their natural competencies in leadership roles and understand different aspects of leadership, power and personal styles.
- Knowledge: Graduates will gain understanding of selected issues relevant to Thurston County and the South Puget Sound region from a variety of perspectives.
- Actions: Graduates will seek opportunities to act as trustees in areas of interest.